Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Puppy and Placemat

We discovered this cute puppy in the nearby pet shop. Poor me, forgot what breed it is already. But its face is definitely adorable, like a little person.
I was lucky enough to visit my favourite place, the fabric store over the weekend and spent a good few hours there. I've got some red and blue gingham fabric and muslin for my placemat project.

Basic placemat:
- Front 14" x 18" x 1
- Back 14" x 18" x 1
- Batting 13 1/2" x 17 1/2" x 1 (optional)

1. Put front and back pieces together inside out. Sew along 1/4" from the edge and leave 2" opening at the bottom.Instead of reverse stitch, I've used tight stitiches to lock the thread.2. Trim corners and turn right side out.
3. Press all edges. (optional: put batting inside)
4. Start from the bottom opening and sew along 1/8" from the edge.

Don't forget to treat yourself when it's done. =)

No comments: