Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Say Cheese

Growing up with a lot of Kraft slices and Laughing Cow, cheese has always been one of my favourite food. Among all, the Laughing Cow cubes are still the best. There are so many flavours, mushroom, onion, peppercorn, blue cheese, and my favourite tomato. It is so much fun even just unwrapping the little cube.
On our last grocery shopping, we came across the selection from Yancey's Fancy. Their story traces back from the 20's when one of the founders moved to New York from Germany. They make a huge variety of flavored cheese, like buffalo wing, horseradish, jalapeno, strawberry chardonnay, so many to choose from. Maybe this can be my new favourite since the cubes are not sold around here.
The first one I tried was the buffalo wing cheddar. It had a very intense flavour, smooth texture and quite spicy and salty. It was kind of like hot nacho cheese in a very rich way. It will make a great snack with crackers. I think I'd love to try the fire roasted tomato cheddar next. =)
Happy September!

No comments: