Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nippon Adventure IV

I hope you are not tired of this whole Japan tour yet. =)
Trying different food has always been one of my favourite part of traveling. As long as there's no insects involved, I will try to sample everything. We had been pretty much having buffet breakfast every morning, mostly Japanese and Western style. I was surprised that the rice in Hokkaido wasn't as good as in Kyushu. But I had the best udon there at one of the buffets. It was cooked to al dente and served cold with cold soba sauce and finely chopped green onion, bonito flakes and wasabi. It was so good that I couldn't wait and finished it like an oyster shooter, so I forgot to take a picture of it. But here's a sample of the rest.Yummy Japanese curry chicken with riceTwo of the dishes from the crab feast, baked crab legs and stuffed crab.This was a traditional style Japanese banquet meal. It contained many many small dishes. Trying every single dish reminded me of the blind tasting challenge of Hell's Kitchen. The fun part was we couldn't figure some out even without the blind fold. =)Seafood barbeque
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: