Sunday, August 23, 2009

Two Books to Keep You Busy

Here are two books I've read recently. One is Why We Make Mistakes by Joseph T. Hallinan. As the title speaks pretty well, it is a science book on loads of research on human behaviour, how we choose, how we react, etc. It is interesting and reveals how people take advantage of certain respond and sometimes how people act stupidly.Another one is Patchwork Style by Suzuko Koseki. It is from a lovely translated series of Japanese books called, Make Good Crafts + Life. It covers 35 simple craft projects. Like many other Japanese craft books, it has a lot beautiful photos and the instructions are easy to read and well illustrated. By the way, on something off topic, I was so happy to receive a snail mail from an old friend yesterday. We rarely receive a true written letter for a long while since the cyberburst. The beauty of reading a hand-written letter was like taking small bits of a delicious gourmet dinner prepared by a dear friend which made me warm in my heart. I guess if so, I should say email is like a frozen dinner and Hallmark cards is like take out, or pizza delivery.
Happy Sunday!

No comments: