Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yummy Surprise

Sometimes it feels like I've wandered in the little cottage so much that everything seems like new and first time for me. So, we decided to go to Maggiano's Little Italy. I was told it's a chain like Cheesecake Factory but it's Italian. It made the restaurant sounds more interesting to me when we were killing time in the mall, it happened that we overheard someone next to us unable to make a reservation. Isn't really that popular? Luckily, we made our reservation early.
It was a pretty big restaurant and was quite fancily decorated inside. The tables were covered with tablecloth. I noticed that not many restaurants use tablecloth these days. Instead, they use the paper placemat, or even worse, nothing. It feels different if you sit at a 'tableclothed' table. We got a nice booth. When I started studying the menu, I realized it wasn't as pricey as I expected. They have this awesome promotion called Maggiano's Tomorrow Too which you get a half portion of pasta and choose another half portion of pasta to take home. We couldn't resist and ordered the special.
Their bread is very good, crispy outside and soft inside. We had mussels in Diavolo style (spicy tomato sauce) and zucchini fritte for appetizers. They were both delish. I like the lemon aioli cream sauce came with the zucchini. It reminds me of the sauce served with calamari in Greek restaurant.
It's pretty generous for this half portion dish.The pasta dishes were quite big even they were half portion. The sauce was more on the soupy side. It tasted okay compared to Pasta Pomodoro which we like better. It seemed like they put more salt and garlic in the sauce than Pomodoro.
Overall, the service was friendly and professional. We definitely got more than what we paid, for the food, the service and the nice settings. I would recommend to try it out if you like decent American Italian food.
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: